By The Inspirer staff
Following Saturday’s attack in Kitabi Sector of Nyamagabe District where unidentified attackers set fire to three passenger cars, killing two people and injuring eight, the Rwanda Defence Force (RDF) has pursued the assailants and killed three while the rest fled into Burundi, the army has announced.
A press release from Rwanda’s Ministry of Defence also states that in addition, the RDF rescued civilians who were missing after the attack.
“The RDF engaged and killed three of the fleeing assailants and the rest escaped into Burundi. We have also rescued all the civilians that the assailants attempted to abduct, some received counseling before being sent home,” Military Spokesperson, Lt Col Innocent Munyengango, said.
“We also recovered several items stolen from victims but many of them had been destroyed. Of the civilians injured in the Saturday attack and undergoing treatment, two have died from their injuries,” added.
On Saturday, RDF said that the injured had been taken to Kigeme Hospital for treatment, and that the defence was pursuing the attackers who fled into Nyungwe Forest after the tragedy.
1,771 total views, 1 views today