By Elias Hakizimana
Cycling fans are warned not to be closer the main roads as they watch tour du Rwanda 9th session of this year staring on Monday.
This was communicated by Rwanda Cycling Federation (FERWACY) through a conference with the journalists in Kigali today November 9, 2017.
The main reason for the communication is security matters which can result in accidents when fans do not pay attention.
“We are working together with Rwanda National Police to set up security measures during cycling period, we learnt a lot through last year’s experience and fans are urged to watch the game out of roads to avoid accidents,” said Ferwacy president Aimable Bayingana.
The route for the Tour du Rwanda 2017 has been unveiled and the 9th edition will see the peloton tackling a challenging 819 kilometer course that combines climbs and stunning scenery of Rwanda’s most beautiful terrain from from 12-19 November 2017.
The race will begin with a prologue and unfold in seven stages
- On Monday, November 13, players will round from Kigali/Kacyiru-Huye
- On Tuesday November 14, they will depart from Nyanza to Rubavu (180km)
- On Wednesday, November 15, they will depart from Rubavu to Musanze
- On Thursday, November 16, they will depart from Musanze to Kigali, to (Nyamata in which they will reach the first time during the 9 sessions of Tour du Rwanda.
- On Friday, November 17, they will depart from Nyamata-Kigali to Rwamagana,
- On Saturday, November 18, they will depart from KAYONZA-KIGALI/NYAMIRAMBO and finally
- On Sunday, November 19, they will tour Kigali Remera (12km).